Welcome to Ashford and St Peters Occupational Health Service
We provide a number of services within the clinical speciality of Occupational Health:
- Rehabilitation after sickness or injury
- Initial Work Health Assessments / Advice on adjustments if requested
- Self-referral Occupational Health Physiotherapy
- Risk / Environmental Assessments
- Immunisation / Vaccination Programmes including Travel Health
- Communicable disease checks (TB, Chicken Pox, Measles and German Measles)
- Management of Inoculation Injuries (Needlestick, Contaminated Sharps, Human Bites and Contamination Accidents)
- Health Surveillance (Noise, Vibration and Substances Hazardous to Health)
- Health Safety and Wellbeing
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Accessing your Occupational Health Records
- Information for External Contracts
The role of Occupational Health involves:
- Addressing the impact of work on health and of health on work
- Reducing the incidence of illness and injury caused by work
- Assisting in ensuring that all staff are able to achieve their full capabilities
The Occupational Health Service contributes to the smooth and efficient running of the organisation by carrying out health assessments, providing confidential advice on issues such as rehabilitation and redeployment of staff who cannot carry out their full range of duties.
It is much more than just the place to go to for a jab or if you have had a needle stick injury. You can refer yourself to Occupational Health for advice, but you should be aware that the service is not a treatment service and is not a replacement for your GP, who has responsibility for your ongoing medical care.
As well as providing an in house Occupational Health Service for Ashford and St Peters NHS Foundation Trust, we also provide varying levels of Occupational Health Services to external contracts including local authorities and local businesses.
Our main base is at St Peters Hospital in Chertsey, Surrey but do occasionally run clinics at other sites. We can be found on level 1 of Chertsey House.
Does your organisation require a high quality Occupational Health Service? A short summary of what we can provide can be found here.