Step into Health, is a programme created by the NHS, in conjunction with Walking with the Wounded and The Royal Foundation, which connects employers in the NHS to people from the Armed Forces community by offering an access route into employment and career development opportunities.
Ashford and St Peter’s Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the first 30 Trusts across the country to sign up to the programme. There is an incredible amount of talent we can tap into from the Armed Forces community, and the programme recognises the transferable skills and cultural values that military personnel develop when serving and how they are compatible with those in the NHS.
Armed Forces Careers Insight Event
This careers event is open to all Armed Forces Personnel, Service Leavers, Veterans and their Spouse / Partner and Cadet Force Adult Volunteers.
Surrey Heartlands Health and Care Partnership are holding a Step into Health Careers Insight event on Tuesday 26 February 2019 at 16:00 – 19:30. Step into Health is a programme connecting employers in the NHS to people from the Armed Forces community by offering an access route into employment and career development opportunities within the NHS. The programme recognises the transferable skills and cultural values that Armed Forces personnel develop when serving and how they are compatible with those required within NHS roles.
This event will provide an insight into the NHS and Surrey Heartlands HCP of the wide-ranging job roles available both clinical and non-clinical., Presentations the transition into the NHS, from department managers, and some tips for your CV and interviews.
- 16:00 to 16:15 - Registration and refreshments
- 16:15 to 16:30 - Welcome, Trust overview and aims of the programme
- 16:30 to 16:45 - Transferable skills and transition into the NHS
- 16:45 to 17:30 - Working in the NHS: presentations from department Managers
- 17:30 to 17:50 - Refreshments, networking and CV clinic
- 17:50 to 18:10 - NHS jobs and current opportunities
- 18:10 to 18:40 - CV and interview skills
- 18:40 to 19:00 - Q&A and next steps
- 19:00 to 19:30 - Refreshments, networking and CV clinic
Theta Building, Lyon Way, Frimley, Camberley. GU16 7ER
To confirm a booking via NHS Jobs, you will need to submit a short application which will include an option to upload your CV.